Complete instructions and qualifications are enumerated in the Scholarship Application package available from this page. At a high level, a candidate must:
- Be a high school senior at an Austin Area High School (see application for specifics)
- Have applied to attend Texas A&M University for the upcoming fall semester
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA, if awarded
- Complete and submit the application within the application deadlines
The application must be postmarked on or before Wednesday, March 8th 2017 and received by Monday, March 13th 2017. Mail the application to the address below. Do not include the previous guideline pages 1-5.
Capital City A&M Club
P.O. Box 332
Austin, TX 78767
Criteria for Selection
In considering awarding the scholarship, we weight your application as follows:
- Financial need: 30%
- High school grades and college entrance exam scores: 20%
- Extracurricular activities, community involvement, and work experience: 25%
- Essays and a letter of recommendation from principal, teacher, or community leader: 25%
Winners will be determined without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or educationally unrelated handicaps. Each recipient will receive $1,250 each fall and spring semester for a total of four semesters.
We understand that the application process is somewhat extensive and will require a significant effort for each applicant. We appreciate your efforts in completing the application and congratulate you on your interest in joining the Aggie Family!
Again, the specific qualifications are spelled out in the application and those instructions and qualifications supersede the general information on this web page.